Published! (Translated story)

In 2013, I translated Kannada writer, L C Sumithra's short story, Kanivemane.com. We sent it to the Sahitya Akademi journal, Indian Literature and forgot about it, for the most part. Indian Literature had published an earlier story I had translated by Sumithra, "U-Cut," so somehow we got placid, I suppose. Once a year, I would think of the story, its pending status and ask about it when wishing Sumithra: Happy New Year!


Then I woke up again earlier this year and thought: enough waiting now. I realized there was Out of Print, a magazine I knew about since I first wrote a story on Lekhana, a literary festival in Bangalore that launched in 2012. Out of Print is run by the charming writer, Indira Chandrasekhar who received the story, wrote super-prompt replies and finally chose to publish it! So yay, the story is published. I was thoroughly impressed by Chandrasekhar's keen eye and was happy to work with her. Out of Print is dedicated to the short story form and is in an open access format. It should seriously be the lunch-break-read and the metro-read for anyone who loves literature and enjoys fiction!

Here is the link to Sumithra's story, guys. Check it out: http://outofprintmagazine.co.in/lc-sumithra_the-valley-home.html 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talk at Women's Studies Dept., BU

A man called P

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset