Competing in a kindness project!

California is a car country. Remember that Kannada film song, "Car car car car, elnodi car." (Car everywhere!). One cannot step out to fetch milk from a store without a car! So I have my car and its an absolute necessity.

But just that other day, the headlight stopped working and I had to take an UBER. My first in the 6 and half years that I have been in the US. My fellow pooler was shocked that this was my first ride; he chuckled, said wow and really and hmm.

My two drivers to and fro were so so so cool. It was like they were competing in a kindness project.

1.  I had to get somewhere by 9 am so I was wrong in choosing a Pool ride, but I somehow got confused and had chosen it. The driver didn't pick another ride just so I could get to my destination in time.

2. Back home, driver asks me if I need chilled water (it was a super hot day) and chips that are in the back. Makes pleasant conversation. Hoo! Bowled over.  

Comments

Indianblogger said…

That's so nice of them really!

Popular posts from this blog

Talk at Women's Studies Dept., BU

A man called P

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset